AOA Mountain Bike
AOA Wasatch Academy Mountain Biking Adventure
The Southwest U.S. is the place to be for your next mountain biking adventure.
On this one-of-a-kind trip, we ride the best trails and explore the unique beauty of Zion, Bryce, and Grand Canyon North Rim.
Our first rides take us to the world famous Zion National Park, and ride the Hurricane Rim JEM trail and Gooseberry Mesa. Enjoy breathtaking views of the park and Virgin River while riding this classic single-track. Continuing north, just outside Bryce Canyon National Park, Thunder Mountain combines technical riding with amazing views. We then reach Grand Canyon North Rim, only open to visitors for half of the year. The views are breathtaking while riding the Rainbow Rim Trail where it weaves in and out of forests alongside the rim of the canyon.
These lands are rugged and primitive, appealing to those looking for an adventure. Remoteness, limited travel corridors, and low visitation have all helped to preserve this rare opportunity for mountain biking enthusiasts.
August 3 - 11, 2019
Upon arrival, all participants will be evaluated by the staff so that each camper’s instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. Low and moderately difficult bike rides to meet all skill levels. Participants will be broken down into groups that meet the needs of all individuals.
more about this camp
Expert leadership is the key to an exciting & memorable experience. Our trips feature gifted leaders for whom leading trips is their true vocation. Besides showing you wonders you would never find on your own, they make sure everything runs smoothly and safely without a hitch. They are knowledgeable about all aspects of your trip and take great pleasure in sharing their insights with you. More than just guides, they positively elevate your experience by being teachers, companions and the best of friends. You’ll be in good hands with them every step of the journey.
- All Camping night 1 through night 6
- Meals – All meals starting lunch Day 1 to breakfast Day 7
- Professional Wilderness First Responder certified guides for the duration of the trip (ratio of 1 guide per 6 participants)
- Minimum of 1 Wasatch Academy chaperone
- Mountain Bike Rental (helmet included)
- All snacks and bottled water for the duration of the trip
- All commercial permits and park entry fees
- Group camping equipment to include: tents, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, full camp kitchen, mess kit
What to bring
- Camp registration documents.
- BED AND BATH: Towels, sleeping bag (if you want to bring personal otherwise a sleeping bag is provided), headlamp, or flashlight, water bottles or camelback with 2-3 litre capacity, travel pillow, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, soap.
- MEDICAL: Emergency contact info, information about medications, allergies, asthma, or other medical conditions
- RECOMMENDED: Sunglasses, sunscreen, hat, swimsuit, pyjamas, jacket, weather appropriate clothing and footwear, spending money, camera